Thursday, October 11, 2012


My Refuge and My Fortress

Psalm 91:1-2 “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

The past few days have shown me how desperately dependent on God I really am. It was easier in America to live under the facade of self-reliance; however, life here is so unpredictable and new to me, that Psalm 91 has been my daily, almost hourly prayer and reminder to my own soul. The Lord has shown Himself faithful in so many ways, and I keep reminding myself to dwell in the shelter of the Most High so that I will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

Thank you for your prayers. I am working on having my container transported from Kenya to our house, and there are so many uncertainties, and the cost is more than expected. Pray that God would give me peace and wisdom as I work through the details. I am also working on some things at our house. The workers have made a lot of progress in the past few days. They should finish the final layer of concrete on the floor today. 

2 comments:

  1. so I called you last week and on Saturday to see if you'll be at Awana at Calvary Bible since we wanted to take Hudson...uh...your phone is disconnected because you're in Uganda!

    Praying for you and your new chapter in Uganda. What is your email address?

    Btw...Hudson loved Awana and Mrs. Holly the teacher.

    ReplyDelete